Important Notice from Dort Financial Credit Union – Limited Services at our Fenton and Owosso Branches
Your assistance in staying home and using our electronic services is critically important as Dort Financial Credit Union makes every effort to continue to provide key financial services to our community. Please understand, due to the continued spread of COVID-19, your support in limiting physical visits to our drive-thrus and phone calls for essential needs is greatly appreciated. Thank you for being a member of Dort Financial Credit Union, and for your support during Governor Whitmer’s Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order. Dort Financial Credit Union will continue to be here to help you.
Beginning April 3, 2020:
Owosso Branch – ATM access only – appointments are no longer being accepted
Fenton Branch – Drive-thru and ATM access only – appointments are no longer being accepted
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, at Dort Financial Credit Union, our focus is on doing everything we can do to reduce risk and limit the potential spread. Ensuring the well-being of our members, our staff, and the communities we serve is imperative for us.
In order to support efforts to contain the potential spread of the Coronavirus, effective Monday March 23, 2020, branch lobbies will operate by appointment only, and only for services that cannot be done through the drive-thru or electronically. We have extended the hours at all drive-thru lanes to remain open Monday through Friday 7am – 7pm and Saturday 8am – 3pm.
We will communicate the re-opening of lobby services when they are available. For information on alternative ways to stay connected to your banking needs and information about Dort Financials’ health and safety measures, please visit www.dortonline.org.
Here are several other alternative ways to access your Dort Financial account(s):
- 24/7 account access is available with online and the mobile banking app to check balances, make payments, transfer funds, or deposit checks. If you need assistance accessing your Online/Mobile Banking account, call us at (800) 521-3796.
- Make use of our ATMs at all 10 branch locations! You can access your account(s), check your balances and withdraw cash. We’re a member of the CO-OP Network, which allows you access to nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
- To schedule an appointment for services that cannot be conducted through the drive-thru or electronically please go to our mobile app, dortonline.org, call us at (800) 521-3796, or email us at email@example.com.
We’re here for you – we live and work in the same local communities and we are in this together. If you or your family is experiencing financial hardship because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), call us at 800-521-3796 to discuss options on how we can help you during this difficult time.
We are keeping lines of communication open! You’ll be hearing from us more often than normal and we will continue to update our website and social media sites with additional information. Thank you for being a member.
Relief for members affected by COVID-19 is available. Please contact us at 800-521-3796 and click here to learn more.
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, I would like to assure you that Dort Financial Credit Union continues to take necessary precautions to protect the health and safety of our members and staff.
What are we doing for the safety of our employees and members?
First of all, we are keeping our branches open by following the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and State of Michigan Health Department. We understand financial services are critical and the entire team at Dort Financial is committed to providing the best service during this unprecedented crisis.
Our facilities have enhanced and increased frequency of procedures to wipe down surfaces such as counters, ATMs/VTMs, door handles and other high touchpoint areas.
Open communication with you, our member, to frequently address your concerns and any changes to the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and State of Michigan Health Department.
We have implemented expanded time off for our employees who may be impacted.
Dort Financial is here for our members impacted by COVID-19.
When a member reaches out to us we are evaluating their concerns on a case-by-case basis with the following programs*:
- Introducing a “no payment for 90 days” consumer loan program for members wanting to buy or refinance a collateralized item
- Allowing members who are refinancing a home to use an external appraisal (an in-home walk through is not required)
- Offering flexibility with extension agreements on consumer loans and waiving certain qualification requirements
- Assisting members to open accounts and apply for a loan online along with closing the loans and processing documents through e-Sign
- Affording our commercial business members loan payment extension options
What can you do as our member?
We kindly request members only visit Dort Financial Credit Union branches for services which cannot be done through our self-service options; outdoor ATMs, VTMs, drive-thrus while utilizing our telephone, online, and mobile digital services whenever possible. These mobile and online options are available 24/7 conveniently from anywhere (see below for more details).
Members will continue to have access to their money. Dort Financial Credit Union is financially sound, and your funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration. Federally insured credit unions offer a safe place for you to save your money, with deposits insured up to $250,000 per individual depositor. Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union.
Once again, we stand prepared to assist impacted members as needed. Should you encounter hardship as a result of the coronavirus, please contact us and we will work with you to deliver the financial assistance you need to get through this unprecedented time. Please call us at 800-521-3796 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your consideration and membership.
*Please contact us at 800-521-3796 for details about credit costs and terms. Also contact us to learn how interest will continue to accrue on loan extensions during the deferral period and will be collected from your first loan payment.
Learn more about our online and mobile banking features, so you can do your banking from almost anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have online and mobile tools to help you:
- Mobile Banking – check balances and transactions, transfer money between
accounts, deposit a check with remote deposit capture, pay bills, apply for a
loan, make a loan payment, debit/ credit card management services (report
lost/stolen and turn controls on or off), ExpressPay for external loan payments
- Online Banking – all of
the same services as Mobile Banking with the exception of remote deposit
capture and the additional following services:
- e-Statements -view your account and tax statements online
- Text Message Banking – set text alerts for low or high balances, withdrawal and deposit alerts, and more
- ATMs – are available at all branch locations, along with over 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs across the nation – visit dortonline.org/atm for a list
- Direct Deposit – arrange with your employer to have your paycheck automatically deposited
- e-Sign – use DocuSign to close a loan or open an account electronically
- Online Banking – all of the same services as Mobile Banking with the exception of remote deposit capture and the additional following services:
For those members who prefer to use telephone based remote services we have:
- Dort By Phone – transfer funds, hear account balances, track deposits, verify cleared checks, lending and saving rates, make a loan payment and process a cash advance
Please feel free to reach out to us at 800-521-3796 or email us at email@example.com if you need assistance.
Updated: March 17, 2020
Here’s an easy way to access your Dort Financial accounts from the following drive-thru locations.
March 13, 2020
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact in our communities and throughout the nation, we are here to serve you and wanted to share with you the steps we’re taking at your Credit Union to keep our members and staff healthy during this outbreak.
What we are doing
- Our teams are closely monitoring information from local, state and federal health officials to ensure that we are acting consistently with recommendations and guidelines from those agencies.
- We are also ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy and that they stay home if they are not feeling well. If wait times increase slightly as we strive to ensure everyone’s health, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
- We are going above and beyond regarding the daily cleaning procedures to help ensure the safest possible environment by increasing the frequency with which we disinfect surfaces, apply hand sanitizer and wash our hands. We may not be shaking hands to greet you during this outbreak, but we are still here to provide the same friendly service.
- All branches remain open and are operating on normal business hours. If this should change for any reason, we will let you know via our website, social media and email.
- We are committed to helping members experiencing hardships due to the coronavirus outbreak. Please call us to speak with a member service representative if you have concerns.
What you can do
- Watch for updated information from the Centers for Disease Control and our State Health Department and follow us on social media to keep up-to-date on our response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Please make sure we have your current contact information; your email address is important for communications.
- Learn more about our online and mobile banking features, so you can do your banking from almost anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have online and mobile tools to help you check balances, make transfers and loan payments, deposit checks and apply for new services from wherever you happen to be.
- ATMs are available at all branch locations, along with over 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs across the nation.
- VTMs are available at select branches.
Avoid Scams & More Information
- Unfortunately, people could be at risk to be taken advantage of due to fears surrounding the spread of the virus. Please reach out to appropriate sources if you believe you have received spam or phishing emails, and do not let fear take over your judgment.
- You can stay up-to-date with the latest trustworthy information by visiting the CDC’s website and the State of Michigan’s website.
Our hearts are with all who have been affected by this illness. The health and safety of our members and employees is our top priority, and we will continue to monitor this ever-changing public health situation. Our teams are ready to ensure our service to you is uninterrupted and remains at the highest level possible.
Thank you for
your membership and stay healthy out there!
CEO, Dort Financial Credit Union